Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hello all from West Valley.

Hope all is going well for everyone. Not much to report here. I have been doing some yard work but I have so much more to do. I want to get some bulbs in the ground before winter sets in. Can you believe that it is almost October.... I am getting excited for Halloween. I am going to start decorating my house on October 1st. This will be the first time since I have lived in West Valley that I will really be able to decorate since my landlord doesn't really care what kind of decorations that I put outside. I am excited about that.
Sesha is excited for Halloween too. She wants to go trick or treating as a princess. She isn't sure which one just a princess. So we have been looking at costumes for her but haven't decided on one yet.
Work is going good. We are almost to 4th quarter and that means lots of OT. That will really help with Christmas this year. Santa is starting to really cost allot and I am not sure that I like the idea of paying him so much money.... Well I guess that is what happens when ya have 5 kids and 3 of them TEENAGERS.... UGGGH.
Amy, congrats on your last purchase. I was watching them and they sold out at Walmart and Kmart down here in less than 4 hours. I can't believe that item is so in demand.
Well, as far as Christmas goes this year, I am not sure what everyone has planned. I know that I am going to be working every Sunday from Nov 15 until Feb 1. I would like to do a family to family gift exchange this year. This works best for us. I think we should have like a $50.00 limit and exchange the gifts at a family get together. If we want I can see if I can secure a condo up Park City or Snowbird to have a family get together. If this sounds like something that would work for everyone just let me know and if ya have an idea of a date that would work. Our Family is getting so big that it is hard to get everyone in one of our houses for a sleepover.
Well that is my two cents on the whole Christmas thing. I would like to get the whole family together on a Saturday or Sunday night to go up to Temple Square to see the lights this year. Let me know if this sounds like something everyone is up to.

I am going to close now since Sesha thinks that I need to count with her.
~Love, Amber

2 comments:

The Cannon's said...

With Dad's upcoming knee adventure I would like to have the party at Mom and Dad's house. I think this would be better for dad.
As far as the gifts go I thought it might be fun to do a 'case lot Christmas'. Every couple brings a case of something (Ramen noodles, beans, soup, etc) and we exchange them. This way we can all build on our food storage. I also like the idea of bringing something from your house.....I still have the toliet seal from last year anyone need one?
If the kids draw names Cody and I will purchase for 2 of them. Just let us know.
I am putting together some information about 72 hour kits and first aid kits on our blog if you want some information.

Matt, Emily & Dylan said...

I agree with Julie on the party being at Mom and Dad's house... I am a huge fan of 72 hour kits, and the food storage ideas. The kids can draw names or something.. that would be cool! I like the white elephant too!! That was a lot of fun last year, I now have better ideas thanks to Kevin!! LOL Love you all!